Lovely Ladies: We live this life together, holding one another up,encouraging, admonishing, laughing and crying with each other. I purposely used "life" singular to remind us that we live it together.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Mother's Love Poem

I shared this poem with the women at the retreat I attended earlier this month. I am sharing it here in conjunction with last week's post, but also as a reminder to all of us on how to love one another.

This rewritten and completely paraphrased version of 1 Corinthian 13 is not meant to replace Scripture. Rather:
It was meant to focus on the things that we mothers tend to get wrapped up in.
It was meant to remind us of the importance of relationships .
It was meant to help us put things in perspective as we care for our homes and families and one another.
It was meant to keep us from hurting one another as we establish our families and habits.
It was meant to help us love one another.





The Mother's Love Poem





"If I raise my children
To always obey,
But have not love,
I am a noisy gong
Or a clanging cymbal.





And if I have great
Cooking skills,
And make all
My meals from scratch,
And can my garden produce
So as to deliver
Homemade goods as gifts
But have not love,
I am nothing







If I keep a spotless house
And bathe my children daily
But have not love,
I gain nothing.







'Love is patient and kind,
Love does not envy or boast,
It is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
It is not irritable or resentful;"





It does not rejoice at
Tearing down others
But at singing their praises.
Love tolerates others,
Speaks well of others,
Encourages others,
And serves others.

Love never ends.








As for fresh baked bread,
It will eventually mold;
As for dressing in style,
Styles will pass away;
As for a cute haircut,
It will grow out;
As for painted nails,
They will chip.








For we give of ourselves
In part,
And we raise up others
In part,
But when the perfect comes,
We will do things in full.









When I was a gossip, I spoke like a gossip, I thought ill of others, I admired myself.
When I became a child of God I gave up my selfish ways.
For now we spend too much time looking in mirrors,
But then we will look into the faces of others.
Now I speak my mind, then I shall hold my tongue
And speak as I wish to be spoken of.
So now husbands, children, and sisters abide,
But the Greatest of All is Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment